Former NFL wide receiver Antonio Brown was released from jail Thursday morning in Miami-Dade County following his extradition from New Jersey to face a second-degree attempted murder charge related to a shooting incident earlier this year.
Brown, 37, was seen leaving the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center around 9:30 a.m., wearing a black and turquoise jacket. He was met by his attorney, Mark Eiglarsh, and did not speak with reporters before heading to a nearby food truck to order conch salad. Eiglarsh, however, made brief remarks, stating that Brown was ready to reunite with family after spending more than 40 days in custody.
“We’re extremely grateful that he’s out after over 40 days of incarceration,” said Eiglarsh. “He’s extremely eager to rejoin his family, who he loves dearly.”
Brown posted a $25,000 bond, which was set by Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Mindy S. Glazer during a court appearance the previous day. Judge Glazer also ordered Brown to wear a GPS ankle monitor and to remain under house arrest at his home in Broward County while awaiting trial. A stay-away order was also issued, requiring Brown to have no contact with the victim in the case.
The charges stem from a May 16 incident in Miami’s Little Haiti neighborhood, outside an underground boxing event hosted by live-streamer Adin Ross. Brown allegedly got into a fistfight with another man, then later took a handgun from a security guard and fired two shots at the individual. The victim told police one of the bullets grazed him.
After the incident, Brown traveled to Dubai. His legal team has maintained that the trip was for business purposes and not an attempt to flee, but Miami Police Officer Michael Vega said Brown posted videos on social media from Dubai that suggested otherwise. “He was posting videos, riding a bike, kind of like laughing at the City of Miami,” Vega said. “Maybe he thought that we couldn’t extradite from there.”
Brown was eventually taken into custody in New Jersey in early October, then extradited back to Miami this week. Jail records in Essex County show he was released Tuesday for his transfer to South Florida.
If convicted of attempted second-degree murder with a firearm, Brown could face up to 15 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. As the case moves through Miami-Dade court, Brown remains under electronic monitoring and home detention.
The legal proceedings mark a continued turn in Brown’s post-football path, drawing attention not for sports headlines but for a serious criminal charge now unfolding in South Florida’s legal system.